Gams

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Hello Sweetie: My Creative Scrapbook

I'm back again today with another fun page created with the My Creative Scrapbook February Main kit.  This page is a little different for me but I really loved how it turned out!  There were so many pretty patterns in the We R Memory Keeper's Crush collection, that was the focus of the kit, I wanted to find a way to include as many of the prints as possible.  A heart punch and a top to bottom nestled heart pattern was the perfect formula.


When laying out my heart design, I made sure to keep an eye on color placement and ensure that each pattern was evenly dispersed and represented.

Lining the hearts up with one row upright and the following row upside down, allowed me to nestle the rows closely among one another.  This not only tied the rows together but creates a fun and unexpected element on the page.
 
 
 
Page titles are not my strong suit, so I looked to the contents of the diecut pack to give me a little help and inspiration.  Lucky for me there was the perfect option.  Since the two words I planned to use were different colors, I picked an additional diecut element (the butterfly) which had colors from both words, to compliment and tie the full title together.  A pretty dimensional ribbon bow was the perfect finishing accent to my title treatment.
 
 
I hope this page inspires you to get crafty!  See you tomorrow with more MCS kit projects to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment