Gams

Sunday, October 18, 2015

#Funtimes: A Just Nick DT Page

Happy Sunday!  Did you happen to catch a peek of the 'Going in Circles' cut file that was featured on the Just Nick blog all week long? Isn't it fun?!  Not only is this new design awesome, but it's also the FREE download for October.  Yep, you read that right it's FREE until October 31st at midnight. Just add the Going In Circles Background to your cart and use the code: CIRCLESFREE at checkout and it's all yours!
 
I couldn't wait to use this design, accompanied by a favorite photo of my daughter from over the summer.  One quick look at the page and you can easily see why this design coordinated so perfectly with the snap of my little girl in a polka dotted inner tube - circles, circles and more circles!


Supplies used: Just Nick Going in Circles background and Hashtags 1 cut files; Pink Paislee patterned paper and diecuts; Simple Stories chipboard pieces and diecuts; October Afternoon buttons; We R Memory Keepers sequins; Kerri Bradford stamps; Stampin Up ink; Bazzill Cardstock; Other: foam adhesive, Silhouette, vellum.
I sized the file down, and cut it out of the same white cardstock that I used for the base of my page. Those open circles were just begging to be filled with snippets of fun and colorful papers, don't you think?!  A few strategically placed sequins and embellishments find a nice home among the circles, too!


If you haven't already noticed, I am constantly reaching for my stash of Kerri Bradford studio stamps.  In my opinion, you can never have enough text throughout a page.  A bright teal ink combined with these versatile sentiments, really jazz up those arrow diecuts.

 
I knew I'd need a bold font for my title, to prevent it from being overshadowed by the circle design on the top half of my page.  I turned to the Hashtags 1 cut file, knowing that the strong type and fun sentiments would be a great match.  I selected '#funtimes' - cutting it once from the same textured white cardstock and again from a subtle blue grid patterned paper. Using the blue diecut title as a shadow, creates interest and separation from the white background, while still maintaining cohesion. 
 
 
Check out the all the posts on the Just Nick blog this past week, to see how the design team used this freebie file, and grab your own.  But hurry because the file is only free until October 31st at midnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment