Gams

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Always Legos: A Just Nick DT Page

Good morning!  A couple of weeks back I was thrilled to be included on the 'Boys 2 Men' themed week on the Just Nick blog!  With two sons, I have plenty of rough and tumble pages to scrapbook.
 
It has been awhile since I made a page for my oldest son's album.  Now that he's 10 the picture opportunities with him are fewer and farther between.  Fortunately, I had managed to capture this recent picture of him with one of his latest lego creations.  Since this is such a big part of him and what he enjoys, I knew it deserved to be highlighted in his scrapbook.
Supplies used: Just Nick open triangle cut file; American Crafts thickers; Studio Calico patterned paper; Echo Park patterned paper; My Mind's Eye patterned paper; Doodlebug Designs enamel dots; Other: machine stitching and Veteran Typewriter computer font.
I used the Open Triangle cut file to fill the background of my page.  I cut various sizes of the triangles out of white cardstock and used a combination of both the positive and negative cuts.
 
 

Filling the insides of the open triangles with varying patterned papers provides a fun way to add color and embellishment to the page.  I dug into an older Studio Calico 6X6" patterned paper stack and the Echo Park Teacher's Pet collection to fill my empty triangles, embellishing some of them with enamel dots and/or machine stitching.


My title and journaling are both tone on tone, to keep the focus on the picture and design.


Thanks for joining me today!  I hope you are finding some time to get crafty this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment