Gams

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Captured...Summer Fun: A Just Nick DT Page

My kid's have officially completed their first week of school, as of yesterday afternoon. That means we are on to new routines and schedules, and summer days are quickly dwindling.  That also means, however, that I have lots of summer memories to scrapbook and reflect on.  This page celebrates one of our favorite family summer traditions: blueberry picking.


.
Supplies used: Crate Paper - patterned paper, diecuts, foam glitter words; Simple Stories - patterned paper; Pebbles - clothers pin; Bazzill Basics - vellum; Other - machine stitching, foam adhesive, seam binding ribbon; computer font - Veteran Typewriter
I am really loving the Poolside collection from Crate Paper.  It has so many versatile elements that can be used to scrap any type of summer memories - not just those associated with being in and by the water.  I layered several of the diecut pieces from this collection, for this pretty cluster to the right of my journaling and photo.  I love the pops of color and texture all of the layers add.

 
I used one of my favorite background Just Nick cut files - Circle 1 Background.  I opted to use the background design a bit untraditionally.  Rather than using it to fill the background of my page completely, I sized it down to around 8"x5".  At this size, the circle background acts more as a photo mat, making a home for both my photo and journaling block and a bit of extra embellishing.

When I first laid the circle background directly onto my striped patterned paper, it was hardly visible and completely overshadowed by the paper's color and design.  To make the cut file stand out and become more of a focal point, I backed it with an oversized matting of vellum and used foam adhesive to attach the diecut piece to my page.  Doing so, creates an extra layer of dimension and interest, and keeps the cool circle design from blending into the striped paper background.

 
Well, now I'm of to squeeze in a few more summer memories with my family, now that the weekend is here.  Happy Saturday and happy crafting!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment