Gams

Friday, June 26, 2015

Swim Everyday: A SCT Published Page

Happy Friday!  It's looking like a mostly gloomy and rainy weekend here, but that won't stop me from sharing a bright and summery page today.  I was fortunate to have this page published in the Reader's Gallery of the summer issue of Scrapbook and Cards Today magazine
 
Supplies used: Pink Paislee - patterned paper; Die Cuts With a View - Cardstock; MAMBI - transparent arrow diecut; Kerri Bradford - stamps; Project Life - date stamp; Hero Arts - ink; Stampendous - embossing powder; Heidi Swapp - acrylic letters; Simple Stories- label sticker; Doodlebug Designs - sequins, enamel dots; Studio Calico - flair; Other: crochet thread, silhouette, foam adhesive, machine stitching, computer journaling.
 
The idea for this page, originated from this sunburst design you see on page one of the two page spread.  I loved all the gorgeous, summery prints in the Pink Paislee Hello Sunshine patterned paper pack.  The sunburst allowed me to include several designs on the page.  I trimmed various lengths and widths of the papers and arranged them to mimic sun rays.  Placing my photos at the rays intersection point, draws attention to them and keeps the pictures the focus of the page. 


I had several more photos from our lazy summer pool days, that couldn't be left out.  A collage of images was the obvious solution.  I used larger pieces of the same patterns and papers from the first page to tie the two together.  Layering the papers created a fun and organized backdrop for my photo heavy page.


I scattered bits of sequins, flair and enamel dots throughout the two page design.


The ledger style paper was the perfect neutral canvas for my lengthy journaling.  I turned my journaling on the vertical, to squeeze it into the design and not take any space away from my photo collage.

 
The weather themed tags were made from the chalkboard print paper in the Hello Sunshine paper pack, and Kerri Bradford's amazing stamps!  I just love how they fit in with the theme of the page, and they couldn't be cuter stamped and embossed in white!

 
The title is made up of a variety of mediums - transparent and diecut letters and a script silhouette cut. 

 
Want a closer look at this page and lots of other inspiring artwork?  You can download your own FREE copy of the summer SC&T issue right here or better yet, subscribe and receive your very own paper copy in the mail every quarter!  It is such a beautiful and well put together magazine and this issue in particular is full of inspiring projects and ideas.  I can assure you, you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment