Gams

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Story: A Scrapbook Page

Happy Sunday friends! It's not often that I get a chance to sneak in some scrap time during a weekend day.  We are often so busy with kid activities and/or enjoying family time - today was an exception, though!  The boys were all off at baseball practice for a couple of hours this afternoon and the 'star' of the following page was taking a nap.  So, I brewed myself a cup of coffee and bolted to my craft space to finish up a page I started working on last night.


Supplies used: Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes - 'Confetti' patterned paper, ephemera die cut pieces, "Confetti' hardware; DCWV - Adhesive Fabric paper and cardstock;  Jillibean Soup - patterned paper; Simple Stories - patterned paper; Kerri Bradford Studio - 'Line by Line' stamps; Hero Arts - black dye ink; Becky Higgins - date stamp; Other: string, machine stitching, glue dots, computer font.

Some of the pieces/patterns from this project might look a bit familiar! A few days back I shared this page featuring lots of new Crate Paper and Maggie Holmes goodies that I scored from the Paper Issues shop.  I had so much fun creating with them that I had to dive back in to many of those same supplies for another page. 

I love the collage and flea market style to many of the Maggie Holmes and Crate collections!  They lend themselves to lots of mixing, matching and layering.  Combining that shabby style with bits of gold and sparkle is the perfect formula for an ultra feminine page.  My sweet girl dressed in her tutu and ready for her first dance class - couldn't get much more girly or feminine!


Can you tell I had fun with layers and stitching?!  I just couldn't stop adding little bits and pieces.


The pictures don't translate well, but the page background is full of gorgeous, subtle texture.  I used a piece of DCWV adhesive fabric layered over top of white cardstock.  I used my sewing machine to stitch horizontal lines every 2", or so, down the page. The stitching adds some additional texture and combined with the fabric, really supports the shabby, flea market vibe.


Thanks for joining me today!  Hope you're squeezing in some time this weekend to do something that makes you happy, too!

1 comment:

  1. Love all the bits and pieces and the stitching! Such a cute subject too!

    ReplyDelete