Gams

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Two Page Tuesday #3

Hi readers!  Welcome to another installment of Two-page Tuesday.  I'm calling this one version 3.0. 

I just spent the weekend with some of my favorite girlfriends - chatting, eating, laughing and scrapping!  While I wasn't nearly as productive as I've been in year's past, I still have a small pile of pages that I'm excited to share here on the blog in the coming weeks.

This is the first of those pages.  I bought that darling black and white Doodlebug graduation paper because I knew it would be just perfect for documenting my youngest son's preschool commencement.


Supplies used: Doodlebug patterned paper and sequins; Bazzill Cardstock - navy, We R Memory Keepers cardstock - gray; Jillibean Soup polaroid placemat; Love My Tapes black glitter adhesive sheet and black & white polka dot washi tape; Echo Park star die; Simple Stories label sticker; Memories black ink; Other: Silhouette, foam adhesive, computer journaling.

I had seven pictures to include on this two page spread.  In order to fit them all in and still have room for lots of other fun details and important info, I sized the pictures down considerably.  Using Picasa (which you can download for free right here), I put 2 pictures on each 4x6 canvas resulting in a series of 2x3 photos.  With the pictures scaled down, they fit just perfectly within the margins of the Jillibean Soup polaroid placemat paper.


Many of the placemats include cute words and icons that are already diecut into the page.  I simply backed each of those spaces with a coordinating grey cardstock to make them fit in with the rest of the design.


I also reached into my Love My Tapes stash for this page.  In fact, you can view this page on the Love my Tapes blog today. 

I used the black and white mini polka dot tape to give the illusion that several of the polaroids were taped to the page.  I also used LMT's 12x12 glitter adhesive-back sheets to cut a series of diecut stars to accent my page.


Sprinkling the stars by my title and even carrying them to the left page, creates a nice 'frame' on both ends of the layout.  It also draws the readers eye fully across the two pages.

 
Putting together a two page layout doesn't have to be difficult.  Here I've lined everything up very formally and linear.  The addition of cute details, diecut stars, sequins and even a bold title spices up the page and makes it interesting.
 
Thanks for visiting today! 

1 comment:

  1. Love the cute placemats! Your neat, orderly design is a great way to document with lots of pics and journaling. I can't think of anything better than chatting, eating, laughing and scrapping!

    ReplyDelete