Gams

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Two-page Tuesday #2

Good morning!  I'm popping in today to share my second installment of 'Two-page Tuesday'!  Today's page features pictures from my little girl's second birthday party. 

Surely I'm not the only one that takes a million and one pictures during my kid's birthday celebrations, right?!  There is no way, anything less than a two page layout will suffice to properly preserve these special celebrations.  From the cake, decorations, guests and opening of gifts - I tend to try to capture it all.  And while this page showcases eleven (!) pictures, there are many more that aren't included.  (Just a note: oftentimes, I will add an additional insert in the album, using divided pocket page protectors, between the two page spread, to include all of the extra photos).



Supplies used: Doodlebug Design - patterned paper, stickers (arrows & chevrons), enamel dots, balloon brad; Technique Tuesday: stamps; Stampin; Up: ink; American Crafts: kraft cardstock, date stamp; Other: silhouette, veteran typewriter font, circle punch, foam adhesive.

The formula for this page was pretty simple and very linear.  I sized  all but one of my photos to 3x4".  Doing so, allowed me to fit quite a few snapshots and provided an easy formula for lining them up along the two 12" pages.  I chose one photo to size a little bigger, about 4x4", and act as my focal point.  Scaling the pictures down in size also allowed me to fit several different Doodlebug patterned papers (four in total!) and lots of stamping, journaling and embellishment.

Here's a closer look at some of the details...

 

I will never admit to having the most creative of titles on my scrapbook pages, but I do love mixing up the mediums I use and layering in some embellishments. :)

 
How fun are those ombre chevron arrow stickers from Doodlebug?  I was so happy that this collection coordinated with my photos, just for the fact that it would allow me to use them!  I love the added dimension and interest that popping them up with foam adhesive adds.

 
 
That's it for today, friends!  Come back and see me soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment