Gams

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Channeling the summer heat

At this point in the season, I know I'm not the only one wishing for warmer weather and dreaming of sandy beaches, the sound of waves crashing and a pina colada in my hand, right?  The brutally cold temperatures we've been having, have me looking back through our summertime pictures to remember what it feels like to be outside in the warm air and sunshine! I fear I might have forgotten! And since, of course, I'm not caught up on printing and scrapping most of those pictures - now seems like the perfect time.  If nothing else, my mind will be in a warmer place than my body! Ha!

At the start of last summer, my kids and I sat down and created a 'summer bucket list'.  It included all the activities we hoped to participate in and things we wanted to accomplish.  By summer's end we still had a few items left on our to-do list that we wanted to squeeze in.  One was a bike ride on the local bike trail.  I had several pictures from this day, so they necessitated a two page spread.



Out for publication!  Be back soon!

I went through my stash of Jillibean products for this page.  Other than the oh-so-perfect bicycle patterned paper, I knew there were several other elements that I could mix and match to achieve a bright, summery look.  This sweet bicycle diecut from the pea pod part package, just HAD to be included.  I accented it with some diecut clouds and a fun little flag that looks as if it's carried along by the bicycle.

 
To tie in the second side of the page, I continued the journaling again accenting it with some favorite Jillibean diecut pieces.  I loved the cloud shapes in the pea pod parts so much that I ended up tracing them onto several other blue colored patterned papers, and cutting them out to use as additional accents.  A few additional embellishments, including the button and camera clip add interest and draw your eye throughout the page and pictures.




I hope this post finds you enjoying warmer weather than I, and if not, we can dream of the heat together as we scrap our summer memories, huh?  Desperate times call for desperate measures! LOL!

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment