Gams

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Week of Layouts - Day Two: Summer Story

I've scrapbooked several of the pictures that appear on the page I'm sharing today.  Yes, some of these photos I've scrapbooked twice.  And yes, some of these photos have a whole other page dedicated to them, alongside supporting photos and other memories, in our family scrapbooks.  But sometimes I find it's fun to do a 'highlights' style page, by combining various pictures from a time frame (in this case summer) to tell an entirely different story. 

I have been itching to use the Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm collection that I've purchased pieces of from here and there.  Since there was an array of colors happening in my photos, the colorful but subdued nature of this collection turned out to be a great compliment.

Supplies used: American Crafts - patterned paper & diecuts (Dear Lizzy), buttons, foam adhesive and twine; Studio Calico kraft heart stickers; My Mind's Eye button and enamel dots; Lily Bee rubon; Bazzill cardstock; Veteran Typewriter font; machine stitching.
The diecut packs are some of my favorite elements in each Dear Lizzy collection.  I love that the 'story' diecut is slightly ombre and gives the same look as if it has been cut with an expensive diecutting machine.  I worked my title around this piece because I simply liked it so much!

 
More diecuts are tucked here and there throughout the photo collage and accented with enamel dots and buttons, as well.



This sailboat diecut was a last minute addition.  I just felt the sentiment it held was too perfect not to include alongside these photos and memories.  So, I moved it around the page about until I found a nice spot for it here at the bottom right corner of the page.

 
I hope you'll join me back here tomorrow for day three of my 'Week of Layouts' feature! See you then!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment