Gams

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Week of Layouts - Day Three: Billions of Bubbles

I'm back again today sharing another two page layout.  I have had these fun photos of my boys in my 'to scrap' pile for quite some time.  I love the moments I captured here and their sweet little smiles, but was struggling with the color scheme a bit.  Yellow and purple?!  Admittedly, it's not a combo that I would typically be drawn too.  I finally ran across this paper in my stash from Echo Park and loved the way it complimented my pictures in color and theme, but definitely still allowed me to keep my pictures, the star of my page.

Supplies used: Cardstock - Bazzill (grey background), Diecuts with a View (purple), Patterned Paper - Echo Park (chevron, multi colored stripe, labels, blue dot scallop), Specialty Paper - Recollections (vellum), Chipboard letters - American Crafts Thickers (Amy Tangerine), Buttons - Autumn Leaves, Thread - Coats & Clark, Other - machine stitching, computer font (Veteran Typewriter)


The up, up and away border strip was a great match for all of the floating bubbles.  And, well, just about anything rainbow...and I'm in love!

 
I cut the labels from one of the patterned paper sheets.  After running them through my printer to add journaling, I stacked and stitched them to my page in this empty spot under the title.

 
I have been finding myself reaching for vellum over and over again recently.  It makes for a fun mix of 'bubbles' when combined with some clear buttons and ring shaped diecuts.

 
A closer look at the journaling.  As always, I had a lot to say... ;)

 
I used a set of Amy Tan thickers for the title.  I liked that they were close in color to the background cardstock creating a more subtle tone on tone effect to the title.


 
Thanks for joining me for yet another day of my 'Week of Layouts' feature!  I'll see you tomorrow with a page featuring the brand new Lakeside collection from Pebbles!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment