Gams

Monday, May 20, 2013

Week of Layouts - Day One: Superheroes

Happy Monday morning blog friends!  In attempts to catch up on some of the many pages I need to get posted on the ole' blog, I'm (hoping!) to bring you a week full of layouts!  Sound fun?!?  Despite the busy nature of this time of year, I've been scrapping away, for both assignments and just for fun, so I have lots to share with you. 

Let's start off the week with a page I did for the Pebbles blog awhile back.  I never got around to sharing this page, mostly because I wanted to wait until I had a chance to finish up a companion page to go along with it. 

Anyone who knows my youngest son knows, beyond a dobut, that he is completely obsessed with anything and everything Batman!  So, when I got my box full of the Pebbles Winter CHA release, and layed eyes the Super Heroes piece of the Party with Amy Locurto collection, it was a no brainer for me to make a page documenting his sweet little obsession!  The fun images and kitschy sayings really added a special detail to the memories and photos of this fun stage in my son's life.

This was the original page that appeared on the Pebbles blog:

Supplies used: Pebbles - Party with Amy Locurto Super Kid (751454), Party with Amy Locurto Pow (751455), Party with Amy Locurto Incredible (751456), Party with Amy Locurto Kaboom (751457), Party with Amy Locurto Round Stickers (732220), Party with Amy Locurto Paper Flowers (732224), Basics Library Cards (747202), Basics Ash Washi Tape (747207), Basics Honeycomb Mini Dot (751377), Basics Ash Triangle Banner Kit (751403); Other - Basic Grey star pin, Bazzill cardstock, Westrim sequins, Fiskars border punch, American Crafts foam adhesive, machine stitching, computer font - Century Gothic.



Since I had so many pictures and of this little guy sporting his Batman gear, I knew I would need to add a second page.  I printed all my pictures at 2"x2" and layed them out in a simple grid pattern.  From that point it was quite easy to fill in the blanks with coordinating patterned papers and other little bits and details - like sequins, washi tape and stamped sentiments.




Here is a look at that two pages, as they will sit together, in his scrapbook.


Thanks for joining me on Day One of my Week of Layouts!  I'll see you tomorrow with another share!

1 comment: