Gams

Friday, May 24, 2013

Week of Layouts - Day Five: Hello My Sweet Love

Triangles have been popping up everywhere - design, home decor and scrapbooking!  As always, I enjoy incorporating new trends into my papercrafting process, but it often takes me a bit to catch on and figure out how to work said trends into my design style.

As I showed you in a page earlier this week, I have been having fun working with Dear Lizzy's new Lucky Charm collection.  There are so many great patterns and colors in this collection -- I wanted to find a way to incorporate as many as possible onto one project.  Lucky for me, the triangle trend came to the rescue! 

Image removed for publication.  Be back soon!

I made my own template for the triangle out of a scrap piece of paper, and used it to cut all of the triangle pieces on the page.  Since it was not a detailed shape, it took no time at all to snip a pile of pretty shapes.  From that point, I played around with the arrangement on my kraft background, staggering their positions and orientation.  I accented several of triangles with a row of machine stitching along their flat side and a few others with punches and stamping.


With all of the strong lines of the triangles, I knew I would need to add something to soften the page just a little.  A few well placed circles proved to be just the trick.  I started with the 'hello' diecut piece from the Lucky Charm pack and added an additional stamped sentiment to complete my title. 


I added a splash of circles throughout the rest of the page, with some gold gems and gold embossed chipboard pieces. I think those little details add a lot of movement to the page and draw your eye all the way around it.

 
It's been a fun week sharing a layout a day with you ... but I'm not done yet!  Come back and visit me on Saturday and Sunday for two more posts featuring all new scrapbook pages. 


No comments:

Post a Comment