Gams

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Bella and Petaloo Team Up week

I hope you followed along on the Bella blog last week, as we teamed up with Petaloo to mix and match their pretty flowers, ribbons and brads alongside Bella's beautiful collections!

BBLVD AND PETALOO TEAMUP LOGO


I was thrilled to participate in this team up and get my goodie box filled with Petaloo pretties in the mail!  Bella and Petaloo products match up seamlessly - in both style and color.  In fact, it turns out, they matched up so very well that I just couldn't stop creating projects. 

The first is a two page 8.5x11 layout that uses the flowers in a unique way. These particular 'mulberry' blooms reminded me so much of the bright tropical flowers from Hawaii, that I had to go digging into my honeymoon pictures (from nearly 12 years ago!!?!) and pair them up.  Of course, mixing in Bella's Sand and Surf collection, was a no-brainer!


(image removed for publication - be back soon!)
 
To create the title, I traced Bella's Sienna Uppercase chipboard letters onto the white background cardstock and cut them out.  This left with me with the 'negatvie' portion of the letters, which I backed with a rainbow of Petaloo flowers.  Fun and simple yet so eye-catching!


While I was digging out my honeymoon pictures, I unearthed pictures from one of my bridal showers, long long ago!  Again, I knew these would pair well with the soft pastels in 'Engaged at Last' and the many delicate flowers, gems and brads from Petaloo.

Supplies used: Engaged At Last: Bridal Shower, He Proposed, Just Write Journaling Stickers, Engagement Chipboard Icons, Wedding Shower Stick Pin Flags; Love and Marriage: Esther Fleming Floral, Borders, Just Write Journaling Stickers, Wedding Day Miniatures; Other - Bazzill cardstock, Studio Calico Mister Huey mist, Veteran Typewriter font.

For whatever reason, titles are oftentimes difficult for me to come up with.  So, I was glad this pretty Bella sticker did the thinking for me, as well as doubling as the center for the layered flower!

 
Who doesn't love a rainbow of color, especially one made of beautifully patterned Designer Tapes?! I do, and this next card proves it!  To put together this simple card, I cut a square of white cardstock slightly smaller than my card front, and began layering on some of my favorite tapes in rainbow order. I pulled a quick 'thanks' sticker from the card sentiments miniature sticker sheet, and topped the whole design off with a big and bold layered Petaloo flower and glittery brad.

Supplies used: Bella Blvd - Sophisticates: Card Sentiment Miniature Stickers; Designer Tape: Piggy Pink Stripe, Orange Stripe, 12mm Combo Pack, Pickle Juice Stripe, Ice Stripe.; Petaloo flowers and brad, Paper Company cardstock.

I have been loving sneaking Bella's pretty feathers into so many projects lately.  They add so much texture and unexpected fluff!  Here I snipped off the top of a large one and tucked it right behind the leaves on this focal point flower.

Supplies used: Bella Blvd - Love and Marriage: Tuner Hall Ballroom; Ciao Chip: Stars & Hearts; Feathers: Pickle Juice; Sophisticates: Card Sentiment Miniature Stickers.

This quick card was made entirely from the 'leftovers' of the above wedding shower page, and therefore a snap to put together! I trimmed my card base down to a size that would compliment my remaining scrap of paper, and added the remaining embellishments that didn't make it onto my page. Petaloo's yellow floral brad topped flower is such a nice compliment to the background patterned paper, and soft springy feel of this card.
 
Supplies used: Bella Blvd - Sophisticates: Card Sentiment Miniature Stickers; Designer Tape: Piggy Pink Stripe, Orange Stripe, 12mm Combo Pack, Pickle Juice Stripe, Ice Stripe; Other - machine stitching.


If you want to see more detailed pictures of all of these projects, stop on over to last Wednesday's post on the Bella blog here.  Thanks, as always, for stopping by friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment