Gams

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The hexagon trend: Layout, card and mini album

For some crazy reason, I have had this post in 'draft' form for MONTHS now.  I uploaded the pictures (since, as you will see, there are LOTS), and then forgot to come back and finish up the text, details and post.   Odds are high, that I got interrupted by a kiddo needing something, wanting my attention, or fighting with one another. LOL!  Seems to be the story of my life these days... 

Back in the summer I got the whole of Authentique's Delightful collection to create with.  As you'll see it's baby themed with lots of soft pretty colors and vintage papers.  I knew, of course, I would use some of it to put together  a page for Emerson's book.  The collection reminded me so much of a snuggly, worn quilt, that I immediately knew the popular hexagon trend would translate well with this line. 

Since I am not yet the lucky owner of a silhouette cameo machine, I set out to find another pattern to size and cut my hexagons.  When I came up empty handed, I decided to draw my own hexagon pattern and cut and trace them out by hand.  Yep, that's right one.by.one - all traced and cut out by little old me!  LOL!  So, if you notice a few errors in the hexagons or where things don't exactly line up, you will know why!  And would you believe that I have since discovered that I had a cricuit cartridge that had a hidden hexagon design.  DOH!

On with the page...here are pictures and highlights of my baby girl's fourth month of life.

Supplies used: Paper: Authentique Delightful collection: Beautiful(both sides), Lovely, Cheerful (both sides), Sweet, Elegant, Charming; Cardstock: Bazzill; Stickers: Authentique Delightful collection Elements stickers; Diecuts: Authentique Delightful collection: Noteables, Headlines, Icons; Embellishments: My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline twine and stick pin; Other: machine stitching, computer font, foam adhesive, scallop border punch, miscellaneous pearls and gems






Since I only used little bits and pieces of all of the patterned papers, I had plenty of extras to put together some other fun projects.  First up, a sweet little card.

 
And also, a darling little 6x6 album that was a gift for a very special little baby girl and her family.  I kept the album fairly simple, so that 4x6 or smaller snapshots could easily be added in without covering much of the decoration.  I made sure to include some manila tags directly into the three ring binding, to provide an additional spot for memories and journaling. 








 
I'll be back tomorrow with another 2 page layout, featuring many of my favorite Pebbles producs.  Thanks, as always, for stopping by!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment