Gams

Monday, December 17, 2012

Pebbles: Holiday Hostess Gift Set

This time of year bring about so many opportunities for giving and gifting.  With that in mind, I always attempt to have a few hostess gifts on hand, for last minute parties or gatherings.  I thought a set of handmade tags, garland and bows would make a nice little gift set, since gift wrapping is something most everyone does this time of year! 
 
For a festive approach to this project, I dug into my Pebbles stash and pulled out several of the red and green patterned papers I had, alongside some neutrals and a splash of light pink. I put my holiday punches and diecut machines to work to add 'a little Christmas' to this project, that otherwise uses not a stitch of holiday themed product. I love how all of these simple gift accessories look all packaged up in a cute reused embellishment box.  And of course, I HAD to decorate the cover too!  Gotta make it pretty!
 
Pebbles Supplies used: Walnut Grove 6x6 Paper Pad (751307) Walnut Grove Clothes Pins (747190) Walnut Grove Accent & Phrase Stickers (732119) Walnut Grove Carrie (751302) Walnut Grove Grace (751303) Walnut Grove Harriet (751294) Walnut Grove Corrugated Kraft Thickers (732122) Walnut Grove Corrugated Crimson Thickers (732123) Walnut Grove Corrugated Black Thickers (732134) Seen & Noted Checklist (751320) Seen & Noted 6x6 Paper Pad (751323) Sunnyside Sprout (751281) Sunnyside Clear Stamps (747183) Let Freedom Ring Samuel Adams (751259) Coordinating Cardstock Dark Kraft (71563) Coordinating Cardstock Leaf (71052) Coordinating Cardstock Crimson (71029), Other: Hero Arts dots, Doodlebug pink doodletwine, American Crafts buttons, Martha Stewart snowflake punch, Cricut, crochet thread, Stampin Up ink, foam adhesive, machine stitching, glitter

Here's a look at the contents of the package with the lid removed...



Paper bows seem to be showing up often in the paper crafting world.  There are several tutorials for creating your own.  I just drew up a simple pattern myself, in order to customize the size of the finished bows to fit within my box.  I added a couple simple embellishments to each one to finish them off.

 
What is a package without a tag?  There must be a place to write the 'to' and 'from'.  Again, I used some simple drawn patterns (the holly leaves), punches (snowflake) and cricut cuts (poinsettia) with pretty Pebbles paper to craft these beauties.  Add a little bit of baker's twine to the top and they are ready to add your sentiment and attach to a package or gift bag.


To make this simple but pretty paper garland, I got out my circle punch and went to town punching scraps of the different papers I had already used.  To attach them simply feed them through your sewing maching one by one.  I wrapped the whole string of them around a coordinating piece of cardstock and held it all together with one of the Walnut Grove wooden clothespins.  It makes a simple but sweet presentation, don't you think?

 
And lastly, a couple of 'for you' tags which tie all of the elements together.

 
I plan to pair this sweet little gift set with a roll of kraft wrapping paper to make the gift complete.
 
Thanks for stopping by today!  Hope your holiday season is and continues to be very merry!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment