Gams

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Togetherness, Pebbles: A Layout Share

The next big wave of new scrapbooking products won't be introduced to the craft world until after the holidays, during the winter trade show.  Fortunately, however, many companies are coming out with a mid-release collection that debuts during the time in between the summer and winter shows.  Have you seen Pebbles mid-release titled Family Ties? It is full of bright blues, yellows and greens with a multitude of stripes, dots and floral patterns.  Pretty perfect for just about any theme or subject you may want to document centered around family. 

All this week on the Pebbles blog, they are featuring projects with this new collection.  I hope you'll stop by and see all of the pretty things the team has been making. I had a page up on the blog on Monday.

Supplies used: Pebbles - Family Ties 6x6 Paper Pad (751360) Family Ties Accent & Phrase Stickers (732149) Family Ties Accent & Phrase Stickers (732148) Family Ties Phrase Cards (751358) Family Ties Journaling Cards (751357) Family Ties Stamps (747201) Coordinating  American Crafts Cardstock - Mustard; Other supplies used: Making Memories buttons, October Afternoon flag 'sticks', computer font, crochet twine, machine stitching, foam adhesive 

Isn't it funny how one tiny little stamp can inspire an idea for a whole 12x12 page? That's just what happened to me when I first saw the banner style stamps from the new Family Ties collection. The 'family' and 'cousins' word stamps were the first to catch my eye and remind me of some sweet photos I had not yet scrapped, of my son and his cousin a few years back. I just love how these stamps look stamped on white paper, cut out and attached to a little wooden stick. They make for a fun and dimensional accessory to the page.
 

 
The phrase and journaling cards that come with this line are full of fun text and clever captions.  I couldn't resist the urge to squeeze several of them onto this page!

 
Thanks for stopping by, friends!  I know I mentioned last week that I was hoping to share my December Daily cover and foundation pages with you very soon.  Hoping I get a chance to photograph them tomorrow and share them before the official start of December. In the meantime, have a great day!
 

1 comment: