Gams

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Saturday Sketches with Bella: PLAY

If you have the chance to sneak in some creative time this weekend, but need just a little bit of motivation - you might consider a stop over at the Bella blog for the latest edition of Saturday Sketches.  There is a great sketch by Becky Fleck of Pagemaps fame, that includes the option of four photos including one focal point, and a unique title placement.  Here is my take on the sketch:
 
Supplies used:  Bella Blvd's Making the Team: Soccer, Cute Cuts, Borders, Miniatures Stickers; Green High Five Alphabets; Designer Tapes: Jail Bird; Button Market: Orange Stars; Other: Cuttlebug dot embossing folder, crochet thread, machine stitching, foam adhesive, American Crafts cardstock, computer font - Century Gothic, Dienamics 'label' shaped die.

The sketch provides the opportunity for a large focal point photo to be placed on the right side of the page.  I didn't have a photo in mind, that I wanted to take center stage, so I adjusted my design and placed my journaling there instead.  I printed the journaling out on three label shaped diecuts and stacked and staggered them, to fill in the space that would otherwise house a photo. 



Bella's Making the Team collection is one of my favorites to date.  I love that the color scheme will work for nearly any sport or team, and of course, the inclusion of all of the cute little images and icons.  The baseball and bat were cut from the 'Cute Cuts' patterned paper sheet and are nestled alongside a fun little accent that I made from layers of cardstock, designer tape and a button.

 
Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be back soon with more Bella goodies to share!
 

1 comment:

  1. Such a gorgeous LO and so much detail to adore!! Love it..x

    ReplyDelete