Gams

Monday, October 15, 2012

October Pagemaps

I had the privilege of creating a page based off of one of Becky Fleck's sketches for her October pagemaps blog release, along with some other members of the Pebbles design team.  I LOVED the sketch - the clean lines and 'triangular' embellishment placement were right up my alley! 



I was anxious to break into my stash of the new Seen & Noted collection, as it definitely ranks among my favorites.  I just so happened to have the perfect photo of my darling kiddos to accompany it, and here is the end result...


Supplies used: Pebbles Seen & Noted collection: Happy Thoughts (751310), Memories (751314), Lots of Love (751315), Perfect Day (751316), Checklist (751320), Phrase Cards (747195), Aqua ABC Stickers (732127), Accent and Phrase Stickers (732128), Masking Tape Stickers (732131) American Crafts Coordinating Cardstock: Surf (71508), Other: machine stitching, computer font, Doodlebug Boutique button, embroidery thread, date stamp, Memories ink, Smooch Spritz mist, Tim Holtz tiny attacher.
 
Here is a closer peek at the journaling, highlighting all the things I can count on from these three just about everyday (good, bad and in between!).

 
I made my own little embellishment flower, by layering and die cutting the patterned paper and topping it off with a sewn on button.

 
It's hard to tell in the main photo, but I happened to have just the right color of yellow mist to coordinate with the background paper.  I was a bit afraid to 'commit' to the misting once the page was complete, but since it matches the background pattern so closely, it really provides a much more subtle look and doesn't detract from the layout's overall clean lines.

 
Hop on over to the Pagemaps site to see the rest of the amazing pages and sketches that were revealed for October.  I'm certain you'll be inspired! 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 

1 comment: