Gams

Saturday, April 21, 2012

More Simple Stories

I mentioned in this post, awhile back, that I would soon be featuring a page with Simple Stories Aweso(ME) collection.  Well, the page got completed, but life got in the way of blogging about it! ;)  Lucky for us, the weather has just been too warm and beautiful here to be wasting time indoors and on the computer.  The forecast for the weekend looks much cooler and rainy, though -- so maybe I'll get a bit of scrapping done and even a new blog post or two!


Anyway, on with the page and the pictures!  I simply LOVED this new line from Simple Stories from the moment I saw it!  I knew I had loads of pictures to compliment the masculine color scheme and boy themed images in the line.  I selected some of my favorite pictures of my two boys, enjoying some outdoor fun, last spring.  The large photo is one of my all time favorites -- I just love their sweet, joyful expressions over the glee of a simple new bubble machine.

Supplies used: Paper: Simple Stories AwesoME collection: Red Dot/Grid (both sides), Totally Cool, 100% Boy (both sides), Awesome Flash Cards (both sides) Cardstock: Bazzill  Stickers: Simple Stories Awesome Fundamentals Cardstock Stickers Embellishments: Jenni Bowline Decorative Brads Numbered, My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline twine, Bo Bunny large chipboard letter sOther: machine stitching, computer font, foam adhesive, postage edge border punch
 
There were so many cute images on the 3x4 cards, that I couldn't help but use a whole slew of them.  That lone factor helped me to determine the design of the page, and set up a grid of papers and pictures for the bottom two-thirds of the two page spread.  Here's a closer look at each individual page:








The thin striped paper border provided a nice way to tie all the colors across the two pages and also make a break in the page to separate the focal photo and journaling.  I used the grid paper along the top third to balance out the busyness of the bottom of the page and provide a nice neutral backdrop for the journaling.  



You can see from the detailed pictures that I used LOTS and LOTS of the coordinating stickers from the line.


Despite all that's going on, on this page, I had lots of leftovers.  I put together a fun card with some of them, that would work just perfectly for special boy!  I decided to keep the sentiment neutral, so that I could use it for any number of occasions.

Supplies used: Paper: Simple Stories AwesoME collection: 100% Boy, Awesome Flash Cards Cardstock: Bazzill Stickers: Simple Stories Awesome Fundamentals Cardstock StickerOther: My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline twine, Tsukineko black ink, Technique Tuesday stamps, black embossing powder






Thanks so much for stopping by!  I'll be back soon with an altered project share!

 

1 comment: