Gams

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What's Cookin'?

If you've visited my blog at all in the past (which I assume you probably have, because you're here now!), you know that I pretty much love anything and everything from Doodlebug Designs!  They recently posted a new sketch challenge on their blog for March so of course, I had to join in the fun.  It was a good motivator for me to use up some of my 'old' Doodlebug stash, to make room for all of the fun new things they have coming out from winter CHA (shhhhh -- don't tell my hubby I'm already planning on buying more! ;)).  Here's a look at the sketch:




<>For my take on it, I pulled out various items from Doodlebug's Bon Apetite line as well as, some of my other Doodlebug tried and true favorites!  I had purchased the Bon Apetite pieces awhile back, with these particular photos in mind, but had never gotten around to putting the actual page together.  How cute is my little cook?  Whatever he's cookin', I'll take seconds!
Supplies used:  Cardstock: Bazzill (DB Candy Apple),  Patterned Paper: Doodlebug 'Apron Strings' and the mini tone on tone heart paper  is the 'B side' from the Sweet Cakes collection,  Embellishments: Doodlebug Bon Appetit Icons cardstock stickers and Cute Cut diecuts,  Doodlebug boutique button, baker's twine and sequins, Tim Holz mini attacher, Other: computer font, machine stitching, Stampin Up scallop punch, October Afternoon Sprinklers (color - Paper Doily) and Letter Stickers (Boarding Pass collection)
 
The stickers that coordinate with this line were so cute, I couldn't resist using a bunch of them.  In order to use several and not detract from the pictures, I clustered and layered the stickers on a couple different spots throughout the page.  I even lifted a few of them up, with dimensional adhesive to create a more realistic look.  A grouping of the dishes above this 'free dish washing ticket' creates a fun little scene, don't you think?




I layered a couple more of the stickers over top of one of the tags from the diecut sheet, strung it all on some baker's twine and hung the twine from a button, I had secured to the page.  The journaling was actually printed on the backside of one of the diecuts from the 'cute cut' sheets.  I loved the shape of this particular diecut, but it was oriented with lines to be journaled on vertically.  So, I made it work for my page by printing my text on the white (back) side and stitching around the edge, for some added interest.


Thanks so much for stopping by!




3 comments:

  1. Cute Jackie, I recently used the DB cooking paper. I was not able to find the stickers or embellishments so I made my own oven mitt, bowl and rolling pin!

    ReplyDelete