Gams

Friday, February 17, 2012

Sometimes calm, always crazy

Never did I imagine that I would have so many little boys in my life.  I've got two of my own, of course, and am now up to four additional nephews!  Growing up with an older brother provided me with a good look of what was to come, with all of these boys, though!  And don't be fooled, despite my girly appearance, I love the chaos and craziness that comes along with all of these little guys (most of the time, anyways!). 

With that in mind, it's no surprise that I had these pictures on my mind, to scrapbook -- my boys with two of their cousins on Christmas day.  Love that they are smiley and perfectly posed in one, and conjuring up their silliest faces in the next.  That's a pretty accurate portrayal of them, if I don't say so myself!  I decided to use these pictures along with some of my favorite My Mind's Eye 'Lime Twist' collection items and the latest sketch, from the My Mind's Eye blog.  Here's a look at the sketch from Anam Stubbington (with the theme "YOU"):


MME2012_sketch_layout02_Feb


And here is the page I put together:


Supplies used: MME Lime Twist, Fly a Kite "Spring" Zag paper (orange dot and chevron), MME Lime Twist, Fly a Kite "Everyday" Lines paper (blue/white star, diagonal stripe), Bazzill Cardstock, MME Lime Twist, Fly a Kite "Spring" and "Soar" Accessories sheet stickers, MME 12 days of Christmas trims (blue/white baker's twine), MME Lost and Found button collections - Rosy "Love" and Breeze "Boyish" buttons, Pink Paislee grid tape.

I really liked the photo and title placement from the sketch and used those as my starting off points.  I was particularly fond of the colors in the diagonal stripe paper and how well they seemed to scream "boy" and coordinate with the colors of the shirts they are all wearing.  I don't know if it's immediately obvious, but I designed each half of the page to coordinate with the mood of each picture.  Thus, the left hand side is linear, orderly and somewhat calm -- as are those sweet boys in the picture, while the right hand side of the page has lots of 'craziness' - skewed images, lots to look at and random little bits and pieces.

Here's a closer look at the title and journaling: 


And some of the sticker details in the top right corner:

 

This is certainly not your traditional Christmas page, but sometimes I think it's fun to highlight moments from an event on an entirely separate page.  Instead of having these darling photos get lost on a two page spread crammed with Christmas memories, I thought it would be fun to use them to document the relationship my boys have with their cousins. 

Thanks for taking a peek!

2 comments:

  1. too cute--i just loved this line. so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - I can relate to those crazy cousin pics! Love the chevron paper and grid tape. Was this your weekend project?

    ReplyDelete