Gams

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

You win some, you lose some...

Lately, it seems, I am 'losing' quite a bit when it comes to these design team gigs.  There is certainly some stiff competition out there and some amazing crafters that I am competing against.  I won't lie, it's a bit of a bruise to the ego, to get turned down from opportunities again and again and again.  But then I have to take a step back and remind myself the REAL reason I scrapbook -- for my family!  I know that when my kids are older and look back on these albums, they won't care if I was on a design team or not.  They will instead, relish the memories that I have preserved, the little stories that would otherwise be lost, and be grateful for the time I spent recording their and our families histories!  So, in essence it's all in your viewpoint, right?  I'm not 'losing' because I didn't make it onto a design team, I'm 'winning' because I took the time to carefully document our memories.  WINNING!  Okay, am I getting a little 'Charlie Sheen' for you, with all of this talk of winning?! ;)

Let's move on to the pictures...the eye candy...the fun scrappy stuff.  Okay? 

Bella Blvd announced the newest additions to their design team today, and while my name is not on the list, I walked away with some fun pages that I was eager to add to my albums.  Since they asked for 'never before seen' projects, I can now share them with you today!

This first one was, by far, my favorite of my entry.  I don't know if it's the darling Mr. Boy collection that sold it for me or that sweaty, chubby faced little boy that stole the show! ;)  I'll let you decide...


and closer peek at the journaling and some of the details...



This next page, is actually one I worked on awhile back, but just hadn't gotten around to sharing yet. I LOVE the fun colors in these pictures and how well they coordinated with the Bella papers.



I thought many of the sticker words and phrases added just the right touch to my page:


And, of course,  I had to 'junk it up' a bit with some strategically placed embellishments (and buttons!):
 

Now, I'm about to do the unthinkable and share a page featuring me and my baby bump, in a bathing suit, nonetheless!  Avert your eyes, if you have to! ;)  Seriously, I'm not so comfortable baring all on the blog, but this picture of my sister and I comparing bumps, was just too cute not to scrap! 



Seriously, is there really any competition?  Clearly, I am WINNING -- oops, there I go again channeling my inner Charlie Sheen. ;)



I couldn't resist rounding out my entry submission without completing a page featuring Bella's pet themed scrapbooking line.  Poor little Ruby used to be the focus of many of my pages, then well, the kids kind of took over.  Story of her life...


and a close up:



That's all I've got for tonight.  Hope to be back soon with more things to share!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Mardi Gras pictures- makes for such a fun page. And I love that you and Jess got to take baby bump pictures together! You've grown (obviously, right?!) since I saw you in June- CUTE!

    ReplyDelete