Gams

Friday, September 23, 2011

Now it's this little guy's turn...

As of late, I've shared lots of pictures of our oldest here on the blog -- as he turned one year older and surpassed another milestone into Kindergarten.  But let's not forget our littlest guy who is soon to become a big brother, himself!


Just this past Tuesday, he ventured off to school, as well.  I, of course, couldn't let the occasion pass without capturing the traditional 'first day' picture, on our front door step.  He was happy to pose and thrilled to be sporting the Buzz Lightyear backpack that he inherited from his older brother -- and that's nearly as big as he is!  Look at my big boy, sniff, sniff!


While this week marked his official first day, last week I attended a shortened 'meet the teacher' day with him.  That's where I was able to capture some of these darling photos of him 'in action' at school. 




As I drove him to school on that first day, he told me that he wasn't going to preschool, "I going to Kindergarten-Pschool!".  Oh, well okay then -- I stand corrected! ;)  Then, as we arrived and got out of the car he said, "Mommy you get back in the car, I walk on the street MYself!".  I guess this little guy isn't going to have a rough time with this new transition.  For this mommy, however, seeing her baby move off to a new adventure is always emotional.  Thankfully, I had the added stress of forgetting his backpack and all of the papers I had rushed to complete, to distract me from the tears.  I'm happy to report that his first day went great -- he was bouncing in excitement when I dropped him off and doing the same, when I arrived at his classroom door, two and half hours later, to pick him up.

So, with the return of school still in the air and lots of fun school themed supplies filling the shelves at my local scrap store, I was inspired to scrapbook some of those first day photos.  At the time that I picked up this kit from Simply Scrapbooks, I had just printed TJ's pics, so that's where I started.  Here is the resulting page:


As noted before, I'm always a sucker for school supplies and school themed products, but I really think Fancy Pants did an awesome job with their "Off to School" collection.  The colors are fun, slightly muted and a twist on the traditional primary colors.  Here are close-ups of both pages:



A peek at the journaling.  Aren't those chipboard accents cute?  I especially loved the cute little pencils, and couldn't resist using them both on this page!

A close-up of the title, with more cute chipboard accents:

And I absolutely LOVED that bookplate paper!!!



Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment